Your Sanctuary

Author Topic: Internet Safety - Erasing Your Tracks  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Siirist

• Admin
  • Thanks for Post: 103
  • --> Charter Member <--
    • A Sanctuary (the website)
  • Qualifications:
  • Seven years as an Online Counselor
Internet Safety - Erasing Your Tracks
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 06:59:17 AM »
While this is a member's post, I have increased the text size and changed the text color (as per policy on official posts), underline d, bolded, and edited for simplific atio n, ie, using these ( --> )

Just Me

Regarding Topic on Internet Safety - History or Delete - Erasing your Tracks

This is only my personal opinion here. Right or Wrong. It is what it is.
I think there should be somewhere or someplace a simple warning or
basic article for all members to see perhaps that explains deleting
Internet history or computer history.

My ex and I would repeated do this to one another. I did as in to protect myself.
He did it to cover what he was up to on line or offline. Sometimes he would forget.
That was then basically an advantage to me because he would lie or use words
to try to lead to believe otherwise .

I was given a basic sheet on the topic being discussed by a very reliable source
at one time. Other times I would come across it on web sites I had visited. Even
have done on-line searches on the topic.

I am saying this because even though I know how to clear my history not everyone
else does.

There is another helpful way to delete such things on our computers by
going to the start --> Then accessori es --> Then system tools --> Then click on disk cleanup.

This is where someone would want to be real careful because if the wrong box was
marked to delete they could lose some important informati on or files on their own
computer that actually is are needed.  Another way step further could be to erase the
most recent items a person has accessed on their computer. Just all depends on
the time a person has to clear such things out. Or the knowledge on how to do it.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 07:03:44 AM by Cloud »
  • Native American belief base, yet open minded to allow others to hold Catholic or other "tradition al" Christian beliefs

Copyright © Your Sanctuary